Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.wilmingtoninsurancequotes.com/wp.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us, including when you register for an account, solicit a health insurance quote, prepare or submit a health insurance application directly or on behalf of another individual, use the Website, update your email preferences, respond to a survey or provide other feedback about the Website, or contact us with questions or comments about the Website.
We may also collect information about you when you opt in to receive text messages from us (for example, when you sign up for health insurance). You may opt in to receive such updates and offers by providing your mobile telephone number through the Website.
We may also collect information about you if a company or organization authorizes you to manage its account or use our Website on its behalf.
Personally Identifiable Information
Some of the information we collect through your use of our Website or communications with us may personally identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”). The types of Personally Identifiable Information you may submit in connection with use of the Website include, but are not limited to:
- contact information (such as name, address, email address and telephone number);
- date of birth;
- account passwords for the Website;
- payment card information and other billing information (such as card image, card number, cardholder name, expiration date and card verification code) associated with your account;
- social security number;
- health or medical history; and
- geographic location.
Information Generated from Use of the Website
We also collect certain technical information when you access, browse and use our Website, including information that we automatically receive and record from your browser or mobile platform on our server logs. This technical information helps us operate and provide our Website to you, and includes standard information about visits and system capabilities, such as:
- information about the device(s) you use to access our Website, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, your location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, device and application identifiers, operating information, mobile carrier, and cookies;
- information about your visits to the Website, including the full URL clickstream to, through, and from the Website, including dates and times;
- information we need and use to facilitate your use of our Website (including to provide access to third party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details;
- pages you view, searches you run, length of time browsing search results, specific search results you select to view, length of visits to other pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page;
- page response times and download errors; and
Technical information from your use of the Website is treated as “Non-Personally Identifiable Information,” unless it is combined with Personally Identifiable Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive certain information about you from the organizations or entities on behalf of which we provide the Website to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Website. We may also supplement the technical information we collect from your use of the Website with information collected by third parties. Such third parties may include service providers, such as Google Inc., advertising partners, and ad networks that help us understand our Users and provide better service to our Users.
On occasion, we may compare or combine Personally Identifiable Information from third party sources to/with other information we have collected. For example, we may obtain contact information from other sources in order to contact you if we think you or the company you represent would be interested in our Website.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
Personally Identifiable Information
We may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect, to:
- create and manage your account;
- provide the Website to you;
- operate our Website, including, without limitation, providing quotes, and submitting and monitoring health insurance applications, access management, payment processing, Website administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- send you information that enables you to use our Website;
- contact you about activity on your account;
- provide you access to, and updates regarding health insurance and other related offers via text message;
- respond to your requests, feedback or inquiries;
- notify you about updates, information, or alerts regarding our Website;
- process payments;
- protect and enforce our rights arising under any agreements entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- protect the integrity and maintain the security of our Website, including secured areas of the Website;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including conducting surveys and market research, developing new products, services, and promotions (such as, for example, special events, programs, offers, contests), analyzing and enhancing existing products, services, and promotions, managing our communications; performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
- provide you with information and advertisements about products, services, and promotions, from us or third parties, that may interest you; and
- administer your participation in such products, services, and promotions.
In addition, we may use your information as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information and for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to:
- deliver content (including advertising) tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use our Website;
- present content in a manner that is optimized for your device; and
- measure and analyze the effectiveness of advertising we serve you.
We may also combine technical information, or Non-Personally Identifiable Information, about your use of our Website with information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
Personally Identifiable Information
We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes without your express consent. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with:
- the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) in order to obtain an eligibility determination for you and to enroll you in health insurance plans offered on the federal healthcare exchange;
- the organizations or entities on behalf of which we are providing the Website to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Website, such as your employer, and other companies associated with those organizations or entities in order to enable their systems to operate with the Website;
- third party insurance companies to which you submit an application for health insurance on or through the Website;
- your employer(s), affinity group, and/or benefits administrators or consultants, if you are referred to the Website by such respective parties;
- our service providers to the extent reasonably necessary to enable us operate our business and provide our Website to you, as described in this Privacy Notice (e.g., to an e-mail service provider in order to enable us to e-mail you);
- a buyer or other successor in interest to us in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- other third parties with your express consent for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- you, upon your written request.
We may also share Personally Identifiable Information with law enforcement agencies, government officials, or other third parties as necessary for the purpose of:
- complying with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- preventing fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- protecting the assets or property, and enforcing the rights of owner, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- protecting the rights, property, or safety of our Users or others.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition, we may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregated or anonymized data:
- with our partners about how our Users collectively use our Website, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Website;
- with analytics companies, search engines, or other service providers that help us improve our Website;
- to report to our affiliates, licensors and service providers, advertising partners and ad networks about the use of various aspects of the Website;
- with other Users or prospective Users of the Website; and
- to advertisers and advertising networks to select and serve relevant advertisements.
COOKIES AND BEACONS
- Beacons. Our Website and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
- Other Tracking Technologies. Our Website may also use other tracking technologies such as embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and other similar technologies. These technologies execute on our Website or in your browser and allow us to recognize you when you return to the Website and understand how our users use and interact with our Website.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the information we collect from you.
Limit Use of Information for Health Insurance Purposes
You may request that we limit the collection, creation, disclosure, access, maintenance, storage and use of your Personally Identifiable Information for the sole purpose of our assisting you in applying for health insurance or obtaining an eligibility determination, facilitating payment for your first premium, assisting you in updating or canceling your enrollment in a health insurance plan, and for performing other authorized functions specified in our agreements with CMS.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Website. If you provide us with your e-mail address in order to receive communications, you can opt out of marketing e-mails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our e-mails and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Website. You will continue to receive these e-mails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
If you wish to minimize information collected by cookie or beacon, you can adjust the settings of your browsers to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it. You can also set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. You may also be able to install plug-ins and add-ins that serve similar functions. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Website may not work properly if we are not able to recognize and associate you with your account. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
Network Advertising Initiative
Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. If you wish to minimize the amount of targeted advertising you receive, you can opt out of certain network advertising programs through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt–Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out) you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online. However the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you. For more information or to opt out of certain online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info.
Additionally, many advertising network programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories that they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt–Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
Do Not Track
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that Users can set in certain web browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit. Our Website does not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals, so DNT settings do not change the way the Website operates.
Please note that we cannot control how third-party websites or online services you visit through our Website respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain information, updates and/or offers from us via text communications. If you provide us with your mobile number in order to receive such communications, you can opt out of receiving text messages at any time by contacting us.